The Nashville .NET User Group is the educational and social hub for the Nashville .NET community. We meet twice a month (a lecture on the 2nd Thursday, and a hands-on lab on the 3rd Thursday). We are a fun and welcoming bunch of developers of all skill levels and backgrounds, who truly enjoy learning. Come join us!
About the Lectures
Please join us on the second Thursday of each month for the Lecture. In these sessions, heroic presenters share their expertise in various .NET-related technologies as we sit in awe, pitch thoughtful questions, and munch on delicious, sponsor-provided food.
The lectures generally follow this format:
- 6:00 pm: Join us for food and chatter.
- 6:20: Announcements
- 6:30: The presentation starts and goes one hour (+/- 15 minutes)
- ~7:45: Giveaways from our generous Swag sponsors
View a list of past Lecture sessions.
About the Labs
Come join us on the third Thursday of each month for some social coding at the Lab.
The Labs last three hours and are structured just enough to keep the collaboration going. Bring a laptop (or make a friend at the Lab who has one). The goal is for everyone to learn the material “hands-on” and to have some fun geeking with their peers. On “special topic nights” volunteers will lead the group through a series of short Lab sessions. We won’t move from one segment to the next until everyone has caught up and understands the content.
The labs generally follow this format:
- 6:00 pm : Join us for food and get started
- 6:15: brief break for announcements
- 8:45: break for giveaways
- 9:00: seriously consider going home
View a list of past Lab sessions.
Getting to the meetings
Our meetings are currently held at Emma’s offices in the newly renovated Trolley Barns, located on Lea Avenue. Unfortunately, online maps have not yet been updated to accurately show this location.
- Take I-24 to the East side of downtown Nashville
- Take Exit 49, Shelby Ave / Korean Veteran’s Boulevard
- Drive across the Korean Veteran’s Boulevard bridge
- At the next light, turn left on to Hermitage Ave
- Go through the next light (Peabody). The Trolley Barns are the long, red brick buildings you should now see on your left
- Take the next left
- Turn right into the parking lot
- The meeting space is located at the end of this first building (see map below)