Join us Thursday (04/12/2012) at 6:00 PM for free food and drinks. The lecture begins at 6:30 PM, followed by some great giveaways, such as books, training, and software. Our meetings are held at 22 Century Blvd, Nashville, TN (map).
Topic: “Tools for Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse: Microcontrollers & Gadgets”
When the zombie apocalypse comes will you be ready? If you have doubts then attend this session and learn how you can use microcontrollers and the .NET Micro Framework & Gadgeteer platforms to build the tools you need to protect your family and have fun doing it. This will be a brief intro to .NET Micro Framework (FEZ & Netduino boards), Arduino, and the new Gadgeteer platform. Be there or be food.
Speaker: Ian Lee
Ian Lee is a software engineer at Mercury Intermedia during the day and .NET Micro Framework & Gadgeteer hobbyist by night (preparing for the zombie apocalypse). He documents his electronics and woodworking hobbies on his “Software & Sawdust” blog at http://blog.ianlee.info.
Links to get smart (besides Ian’s blog):
- Devhammer Den’s blog contains Gadgeteer stuff: http://devhammer.net/blog/what-can-you-do-with-.net-gadgeteer
- 694th DotNetRocks episode: Kerry Hammil Builds .NET Gadgets
- 625th DotNetRocks episode: Gus Issa Has a Micro .NET Framework!
- Official .NET Micro Framework website: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/netmf/default.aspx
- CodePlex project: https://netmf.codeplex.com/
- 294th DotNetRocks episode: Colin Miller and the .NET Micro Framework!